Our Environment and Sustainability
Our vision is to positively impact and preserve the planet to achieve a new normal within the consumer mindset. Our goals are far-reaching, and our challenges are expansive and complex. We aim to be transparent as we evolve along our journey to sustainability.
Global clothing production has doubled in the last 15 years to over 100 billion garments a year. Of this, only one percent of garments are recycled.
In 2019, we are committed to reducing fashion waste and preventing environmental destruction. Our goal is to shift consumer thinking to do more with less and to rely on a wardrobe of beautiful quality pieces that can worn and loved for many years.
- Our brand philosophy and signature aesthetic has long focused on timelessness, quality and longevity; we have avoided transient trends and traditional seasons by producing edited and thoughtful collections and do not prolong cycles of waste.
- We strive to create garments that are versatile and multi-task and double-up with multi-functionality and purpose.
- We aim to create quality garments at an affordable price that are crafted with precision, integrity and consideration. This includes the selection of high-quality fabric, the weight of the fabric, the garment lining and the actual time taken to construct a garment that can survive many seasons and wears.
- We support Slow Fashion which encourages the consumer to buy less garments at a higher quality, made from sustainable processes, less often.
We also endeavor to offer recycling and upcycling opportunities as well as resourceful charitable donations to those in need.
We have created the PPS Upcycle Bar to offer our fabric scraps as usable, sew-able pieces.
- We have partnered with thredUp to offer recycling opportunities to our clients.
- We have also partnered with our anti-domestic violence partners to recycle overstock items to women in need.
Finally, we aim to reduce waste outwardly by eliminating excess and ensuring packaging within our products and shipments is reusable and necessity only. We are mindfully working to address additional sustainable packaging options in addition to the current.
- Our custom mailers are 100% recyclable.
- Our corrugated boxes are100% recyclable.
- Priority boxes are created from post-consumer waste products and are 100% recyclable.
- Any inserts are made from 100% recycled materials and are 100% recyclable.
- Excess paper, popcorn or other materials are not included.
We have quietly begun our journey of fabric sustainability and are progressing further toward fabric variations, options and upcycled fabrics.
Currently, 85% of our printed rayon is crafted via digital inkjet technology using eco-friendly dyes. This means our print process preserves water and energy and dyes are minimally used, free of heavy metals like chrome, copper and zinc and do not require chemicals to affix them to the fiber. Additionally, this process eliminates environmentally damaging water run-off.
Our factory is certified by AMFORI.
Our sustainable production efforts continue to progress and will be updated as such.
Fair and Ethical Production
We are committed to offering a high-quality, beautiful product in a fair and ethical way. We respect the makers of our garments and can proudly say our global factories and production processes are verified to be ethical and fair.
- Our factories pay each maker above the legal wage and allow for voluntary overtime only.
- Our factories provide a clean, safe and healthy work environment for all.
- Our factories do not engage in child labor.
- Our factories are governed by independent certification bodies who make annual site inspections.